18 August 2009

clean.

clean.

rinsed.

washed.

fresh.

i haven't felt good upon my arrival home in the states...
mostly cuddled up beside my fan
and avoiding the steamy heat of outside.

today i have felt significantly better.
maybe because of the rain.
a rhythmic cooling.
a simple trip down the hill to check the mail...
and i got caught in the rain.

it was more like a fine misting.
my clothes didn't even seem wet.
a sticky, feather-light, refreshing rain
piercing the invisible heat.

and i was reminded of sunday morning
during the worship set.
when the tears just fell.
i consciously didn't try to stop them.
i let them roll and hang on my cheek.
their warm and salty presence did wonders for my soul.
and i wasn't embarrassed.
even though i felt the mascara
might tell on me.
i was encouraged
and hoped others would know.

tears of bottomless happiness
&
unbridled love
&
unimaginable sacrifice
&
deep personal regret.

changing tears.
revitalizing rain.
forgiveness.
renewal.
recovery.
wet.

clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment